About DCD

We all make plans. I make plans. I had the next ten years of my life worked out. It seems, however, that God is taking me on a slightly different journey than I would ever have expected. So this blog is not about my dreams, but it is about the milestone moments that work together to shape me into the person God has called me to be. Join me on this Journey.

Tuesday 13 May 2014

The Twisted Highway

You are driving; things are normal. The highway is busy as usual. You look to your left and right. People are going through their daily lives, routine, unchanged. Your turn is coming up, so you prepare to shift gear. Suddenly, everything looks different. Overnight a supernatural force has twisted the highway. You see roads coming from every direction. You are spiralling toward it. You cannot stop. The distorted intersection looms closer. You slam the brakes and twist the wheel. You look for an opening, an escape. Nothing.

The smoke rises from the wreckage.

Shock…Anger…Pain…Confusion…Numbness…Brokenness…

There are days when these converge, when they all intersect like giant highways and vehicles collide from all directions. You don’t expect it. You cannot stop it. Shattered. Lost.

How do you respond? How do you get through it? You ask the question: Why?
People are hurting around you. What comfort can you bring to such colossal destruction? How can you help? You realize before long that you cannot do anything, but be there. If someone needs you, you just need to be there. But there is someone who can repair the broken lives.

You fall to your knees and pray. You fight, you wrestle, and you plead God for understanding, for His help. You beg. You do not see the point. You don’t know what to do. God, why?

You have Jesus: “Come unto me, al ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly at heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” – Matthew 11:28-30

God is stronger than any pain: “And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.” – 2 Corinthians 12:9a

You are not alone: “Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” – Romans 8:26-28

This is not the end: “And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, nether shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new, And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.” – Revelation 21:3-5




No comments:

Post a Comment