About DCD

We all make plans. I make plans. I had the next ten years of my life worked out. It seems, however, that God is taking me on a slightly different journey than I would ever have expected. So this blog is not about my dreams, but it is about the milestone moments that work together to shape me into the person God has called me to be. Join me on this Journey.

Monday 21 April 2014

Crucified with Christ

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." - Galatians 2:20

What does it mean to be crucified with Christ? The verse above is so pivotal in the life of a Christian. When we decide to follow Christ, we literally let go of who we were and allow Him to shape us and form us into His image. This doesn't mean that we lose our identity and our uniqueness, but it does mean that we are shedding the skin of the past and becoming a new creation. How exciting to know that Jesus wants to change us into His image? He wants to present us blameless before the Father. This is why He GAVE HIS LIFE. He died, and took on all the punishment of the past, present and future. He suffered and was cut of from the Father - all because of His endless love for us.

I gave my life to Christ in August, 2012. Since then He has been shaping and molding me into His image. It was scary, letting go of my past and it didn't happen all at once. It took months of reestablishing my faith, searching for answers and reaching out to God and begging Him to change me. It hurt. The truth hurts. I used the Word of God as a mirror and I was horrified to see who I had become, what I had become. Then the cleansing power of the Word began to transform me. Slowly, my wounds began to heal.

The scars remain. I remember where I was, I remember how I felt, but that all serves to remind me how merciful Jesus is.

This blog has existed for two years now, but I have started it afresh. It is time to move forward and see where God takes me. I am not the only pilgrim making this journey to giving myself wholly and completely to God. I invite you to join me as I move on and take the path that lies ahead. It will not be easy, but I know that God will reveal Himself more and more as I spend more time with Him and dig in to His Word.

I am confident that Jesus will complete the work He has begun in me [Philippians 1:6] and the Journey will be beautiful, despite the tough times that will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment